|CoolSculpting improves your contour with no downtime, surgery, or needles.|
|Length of Surgery||1 hour|
|Duration of results||Permanent|
It has become commonplace to see pre- and post-operative photographs of surgical patients on plastic surgery websites. We value our patients and their privacy.
We have placed some pre-op and post-op photos of some of our plastic surgery procedures on-line but require you to provide an email to which a link will be sent so you can view the images.
Request access to before & after gallery
Questions to ask a surgeon about CoolSculpting surgery:
We, of course, hope you will choose Tri Valley Plastic Surgery for your plastic surgery needs, but we encourage patients to speak with other physicians as well. We have compiled a list of questions that should be helpful if you decide to talk to other doctors.
- Am I a good candidate for CoolSculpting surgery?
- Are my described expectations realistic?
- Where is the surgery performed?
- How long will the procedure take?
- What kind of anesthesia is used?
- What is your experience in performing CoolSculpting surgery?
- Are you a board certified plastic surgeon? Can I see your qualifications?
- Ask to see any CoolSculpting surgery before and after photos of recent surgeries?
- What percentages of your CoolSculpting surgery patients have had significant post-surgical complications? (Surgeons should disclose this information to you.)
- Who will be assisting my surgery? Can I see their qualifications?
- How much will my CoolSculpting surgery cost?
- Do you offer patient financing?
- Will you repeat/correct procedures if the agreed goals are not met? If this is the case, will I be charged again?
- What is the recovery and healing period for CoolSculpting surgery? When can I resume full normal activity?
- Have you ever had your malpractice insurance coverage denied, revoked, suspended?
- Ask for and follow up on patient references (these can be invaluable to finding out what your surgeon is really like and the level of customer satisfaction he/she has received in the past).
Click links below for details
Freezing your fat away
Don't get mad at your stubborn fat - FREEZE IT! CoolSculpting is a new method of targeting and eliminating body fat through controlled cooling. The treatment is non-invasive and requires no down time, no surgery, and no anesthesia. People in the San Francisco area are amazed at how CoolSculpting works on those areas of the body that have bothered them for years or they have tried so hard to get rid of the fat by working out, but the fat just wouldn't budge!
Is CoolSculpting right for me?
Many of us have pockets of unwanted fat that are resistant to diet and exercise. If you are close to your ideal weight but want to target specific areas of the body, CoolSculpting may be the ideal solution for you. CoolSculpting is not a weightloss solution for people who are obese. Good candidates have noticable bulges in certain areas they'd like to get rid of. Our experts will determine if the treatment is right for you during a one-on-one cosmetic consultation at Tri-Valley Plastic Surgery.
How CoolSculpting Works
CoolSculpting uses cryolipolysis, a specialized technique that freezes fat cells without damaging the surrounding tissues. The problem areas are isolated and a gel pad is placed around them for comfort. An applicator gently pulls and performs the cooling of the fat just above freezing. Different sized applications are used to treat different areas.
The cryolipolysis causes fat cells to crystallize without harming other cells. These cells are then broken down by the body's own metabolic processes over a period of two to four months. With each treatment, typically you will see a noticeable reduction of fat from the treated area.
What can I expect during treatment?
CoolSculpting is a comfortable, low-risk procedure. It is completely non-invasive so there is no surgery, no needles, and no anasthesia. It will feel very cold at first, but this sensation will dissipate over a few minutes. Application time depends on the size of and numer of areas being treated, but, as a guide, one area takes approximately one hour. Patients typically read a book, listen to music, browse on their iPads, or just relax.
How soon will I see results?
Some patients notice a difference within a few weeks of treatment; however, the final results will not be visible for two to four months.
Are the results permanent?
This treatment permanently removes fat in the treated areas. As long as you maintain your current weight through diet and exercise, you will have long-lasting results. Multiple sessions may be required to get the desired result.
Is it safe?
CoolSculpting has been approved by the FDA for treating fat on the flanks (love handles), abdomen, back and thighs.
What happens after treatment?
You may resume regular day-to-day activities immediately after the treatment. It is normal to see some redness or some bruising, which will clear within a few hours. There may be some numbness from the cooling, which may last several weeks. Additionally, there may be some mild discomfort which will decrease after a few days to a few weeks. Overall, there is no down time for the procedure.